Saturday, October 20, 2007

THE PAPER WORK HAS ARRIVED!



The Postman actually brought it to our door, because it wouldn't bend to fit it in our mailbox. So I calmly took it from his hands and shut the door and let out a wooo hooo! My family wanted to know what had arrived, my son thought this was it time travel and now he can start telling people. Ummm, NO. I said this is just the beginning in a process that will seem like it just might take forever. So I have had time to read the folder of info from cover to cover and no real big surprises. Although they wanted to know how much I weighed, yikes. I also let out a chuckle when they asked for hair and eye color, I thought is that because they try to match a close as possible, good luck with that(I am red hair and blue eyed with the fair freckled skin to go along with it). With our info arriving today, made for some very interesting dinner conversation. We are about 99.9% positive that we will check off for a sibling group, that last tenth of a percent is me and my self doubt of capabilities as a mother and can I handle it. Especially since my 4 year old started preschool and gain an attitude that can be aspirating at times. Also, we talked about whether or not to change their given names. I have noticed on different blogs some do and some don't. I inkling is to change, so it would not be so different from the rest of us but by no means do I want to take away from who they are. This is when my daughter and the wisdom of her 4 years thought that if it was a girl we should name her Dora. Any who back to the paper work, it didn't seem to intimidating at all. I think that we are going to wait until we have cash in hand, to send it back, which I am told by my husband will not be long.

1 comments:

Tammy said...

You can do both with their name - keep and change (or add to). Their given (birth) name could be used as a middle & you can assign him, her OR THEM names that blend with you family.