Monday, October 22, 2007

Home Study

My husband isn't quite sure what is meant by the Home Study and is relying on me(of course) to do all the paperwork and gather the information. So, my plan is to get him to do all those little Honey Do projects he has been putting off before we have our Home Study. I know that is kind of mean but it is either that or I schedule some sort of home demonstration party because that is the only way I can get him to work around the house. Any way it was his idea I am just adding to the list of projects. For those of you who know my husband will understand that he needs to have motivation or my Uncle Ron supervising for him to get anything accomplished. Soo, I am seizing this opportunity to get our downstairs painted and the wall paper border put up in the kitchen that I bought two years ago. My son being the cutie he is and 9 years old was a little confuse on why this will cost money. In his mind he didn't look at the money going out as to pay fees but pay for his new sibling. I quickly cleared this up that we would be paying fees for document processing. His next question was what would it cost for 2 siblings, I explained that if we got them at the same time we would only have to pay the document fees once. So he said "basically nothing extra" My reply was pretty much. Then he suggested us adopting as many children as Columbia would let us. He amazes me how ready he is to welcome more into his family knowing it might mean he gets less. He had been an only child for 5 years when his sister was born, and reflecting back he adjusted quite well. Maybe he has always had the understanding he would be the oldest in a family. I am lucky and blessed!

0 comments: