Thursday, April 2, 2009

Girls Scrapbook Weekend and The Storage Unit

I usually go to these twice a year and they are a lot of fun!! I say usually because I missed the one last fall. This one wasn't as relaxing as they normally go, aside from the full body massage!! My kids kept calling me to let me know their Dad was being mean!! He was working hard to clear out our storage unit, since we have had it now for about 3 years and the only thing we know about that is over there is our Christmas decorations. So I am guessing the other stuff that I never look for are the things needed to fill a 3200 square foot home which are no longer needed since our little house is bulging at it's foundation. I told my husband don't even open the boxes and look at it, just get rid of it. Does anyone ever listen to me?? He emptied the unit and put everything into our family room and preceded to go through everything. I came home early on Sunday because of crying children and their pleas to have at least one loving parent. I walked in and it reminded me of the day we moved in, boxes every where some stack from floor to ceiling and one grouchy husband(even the dogs were glad I was home). So I sat and visited with the kids and him, watching him try to put together a Bob the Builder Village we would not be keeping. After about 45 minutes of this I figured out he had overwhelmed himself by bring everything home, simply put he couldn't see the forest through the trees. I had to then start instructing him on what to do with the stuff and say a lot of NOs that we were not keeping anything. He really wonders why I call him the absent minded professor! and gets insulted when I do. Oh and by the way, he can still get lost driving from Hampstead to Westminster!!

My weekend wasn't too bad, I did have a great time visiting with the girls and enjoyed their company. It was productive as well, I got about 36 pages done.

I do have one question: Back to the storage unit, in it was all my teaching files, units, reproducibles, etc. I do plan to go back to teaching(I don't know when), my ideal would to be a Title 1 teacher. So here it is, should I keep them or just toss them?

2 comments:

The Spiveys said...

That's so funny about Malcolm! I'm sure they were happy to have you home.

Deon said...

I've tossed most of my teaching stuff, and then when I took a grad. course I remembered something I would have used from the stuff I tossed. Oh well... still, I would probably have gotten rid of most of mine anyway.