Friday, March 6, 2009

I bought a Camera

Although I had the green light for the digital SLR, I just couldn't bring myself to purchase it. After everything it was pushing $650. There has been this other digital camera I have been looking at that I thought it had everything I would want if I didn't get a SLR the only problem was it was $400, and I thought if I was going to spend that much that I should just spend a little more and get the SLR. That was the Nikon Coolpix P80, it is 10 megapixal, 18x zoom, with a wide angel option as well as a black and white option plus many other extras including a movie mode with sound. So...shopping around for the best deal on a SLR I found the P80 for under $200, a third of the cost of the SLR for me it was a no brainner. So I purchased it this morning. I am very excited. It will arrive in 6-9 days(see I was even to cheap to pay the extra for quicker shipping). In all of the reviews of the P80 it is described as the next best thing to a SLR, it biggest downfall is the 2 second delay of shutter time between pictures. I think I can live with that. So I will soon have a blog with pictures. So when I tell Malcolm I bought a camera, he asked which kind, very proud of myself of not spending all that money I told him the P80 and how much it cost. His reply, "I knew you would not buy the SLR because of the money, that is why I said yes." He knows me only to well!!!

1 comments:

Deon said...

yay! The photos will be fun to see!