Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Sheltered World

I was told last week that I live in a sheltered world. That I surround my self with people either from church or from school. And that I don't know what it is like out in the real world. Mmmmm, it has made me think......

Well that is true, but I also surround myself with old friends and my family all of whom I love dearly. That is why I like to be around them. And yes it seems like I am either preparing to do something at church or for school in my "free" time. Most of my days are consumed with busy children and keeping a home for my family. I do try to be selective on what I bring into my house that could influence my kids and family. I do like to read, go to movies and watch tv but there is never enough time so I chose wisely and only partake of those I really want to see, read, or do. There is only so much time. So in making these choices maybe I have sheltered myself, after all I can never stay awake late enough to watch the 11pm news(I figure if it is really important they will interrupt prime time programing).

So in this sheltered world I have created there is a happy mom who loves her children and handsome husband. A little girl who sings, skips, dances, and wears red lipstick. A boy who is smart, likes science, scouts and his dog. A Dad who goes off to work every day to support his family, let's his wife think she is a princess and treats her accordingly, loves his children and is a role model to them.

Mmmm...I have been thinking what a wonderful life.

Oh, and by the way one of my guilty pleasures is Bravo's series "The real housewives of ..." so I do know what it is like in the "real" world and I don't think I am missing anything.

1. the last day of school is tomorrow!
2. my biopsy appt.
3. the rain: my flowers are blooming

0 comments: