Friday, May 15, 2009

MY GIRLS ARE IN TROUBLE!!

WARNING: This is a post that will have some boobie talk, but don't worry I will only talk about mine and so you know it will be done tastefully!

So when I had my yearly mammogram done in April, I received a callback. They wanted more pictures of my right breast, she is the cuter one of the two. They didn't specify why so I just figured the picture wasn't clear or some other complication on their part. So after about 8 good squeezes I mean pictures, I was told I could get dressed but ABSOLUTELY don't leave I need to talk to the radiologist. Well it turns out I had a nodule with calcification in the 5 o'clock position(it cracks me up they make reference like they are a clock keeping time because if they were clocks time stopped ticking a while ago and they have started to slide off the wall). He recommended that I have the right breast biopsied to know exactly what kind of nodule this is. Then I was reassured by the doctor and the nurse that we are catching this early, and I don't even have a lump and that is a good thing.

MMMM.....You know when you are told something like that it is a lot of information to process. I am so glad I have my faith because I am not sure where else I would of turn when delivered that kind of news. I needed a couple days for that thought and information to roll around in my brain. One would of thought I would have called the Surgeon asap but I needed almost a week. So I called the surgeon on Monday of this week and they gave me an appointment for the first week of June, then called me back not even an hour later to tell me they have an appointment for me on Thursday, yesterday. I am glad I let it sink in for about a week because they don't mess around!

So, I go see the surgeon, Dr. Hamamoto, and I bring the pictures of the girls. He is all about business! He tells me he is concerned not only for the right but also the left because their is calcification in that breast as well. But at this point he is only going to biopsy the right. I will have a procedure called a Mammotome done. I will lay on a table belly down with a hole my star girl can fall through, they will numb her, and then make a very very small incision that will have something where he can see the tissue as well as suck the questionable tissue out! Then it gets sent off to pathology and all this takes about an hour! I am to call Dr. Hamamoto's secretary on Monday to get my surgery date.

I am not real upset by all of this, I know I will be fine. Even if I am diagnosed with breast cancer I will be fine. We are catching it early. EARLY! You can't even feel a lump in that 5 o'clock position(you will have to trust me on it). So if you are reading this and are over 40 go get your mammogram!

Okay, I am totally stealing this cute idea from a friend Holly's blog at the end of each entry she writes three things she is grateful for! Since I have been to a Gyn-Oncologist and now a Breast Cancer Surgeon in the past 30 days I think of lots of things I am grateful for everyday.
So here are my 3 things I am grateful for today!

1. the smell of fresh cut grass
especially when it is being cut by my
10 year old son, it's his first
summer that is his job
2. Katy Rose spending the afternoon in her bikini
3. Sophie's new tooth

1 comments:

Christine said...

Did you get your surgery date yet? I am thinking about you!!!