Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Katy's Fake 10th Birthday Party

The title says it all! Last night we had a birthday celebration of sorts. Yesterday about mid morning Katy decided that it was a good day to have her Fake 10th Birthday(if you are having a fake birthday who says it has to be in order!). So we made decorations out of construction paper, stickers, and left over ribbon from Christmas. We baked a birthday cake, strawberry cake with buttercream icing. Invited friends over, this is important because when hosting a fake birthday party the guest list is crucial, you need to invite friends who would go along with the idea. So, She placed a call after school to the Shanahans', they do anything for cake and ice cream! So promptly at 7pm her guest started arriving, bring of course with them fake presents. A ball made of newspaper and fake money in the card. Katy absolutely loved it. There was singing and dancing, even Limbo! By 8:30 everyone was partied out, after all it was a school night. So the next morning I pick up her ball made of newspaper and started to throw it away, and was met with a panicked squeal and a "How could you?" That is my birthday present!

This experience has made me realize it is time for a digital camera! I didn't have film in the house so I didn't get one single picture to have of Katy blowing out candles after everyone sang to her. I asked, begged and pleated my case to Malcolm for a digital camera and made promises I hope he forgets about but he did give in. I really want a digital slr....So it is official I am now shopping for a camera. So I am open for kinds of suggestions.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

My suggestion...
Shop. Buy. Quick. Before he changes his mind!

Fun party.

Christine said...

You are such a FUN mom, what a great memory...now hurry and get that camera!!

Amanda said...

I've had several of the Kodak EasyShare series and liked all of them for their simplicity, but my new toy is a Fuji Finepix S1000. It runs around $150 online so it is pretty reasonable but it is fabulous!