Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Crazy Dream

Ever since we made the decision to adopt from Colombia we have been going back and forth with how many. For those who are not familiar with the Colombian adoption process you can adopt sibling groups. Most of them are groups of 3-4 siblings. Also, I should throw out that one of Colombia's requirements is that adoptive families have a max of 2 children. So hello, we really need to decide this in the beginning. At first all that excited I thought what a wonderful opportunity it would it be to adopt a sibling group, well as the newness of the idea has started to sink in, I am not so sure. Last night I dreamt that we got our referral and it was a sibling group of 3, a boy 31/2, a girl 21/2 and a baby less than one. Well in my dream, there was no joyous celebration from me. I felt shear panic. I kept saying I can't do this, this means I will have 4 under the age of 5. I am a mother of children who are 5 years apart, not by choice but by circumstance but still it has worked very well for me. Also, it has been recently that I have felt the urge to have another, and Katy is 4. So I am beginning to think this is who I am, a mom whose children are 5 years apart! or at least come to her that way.

0 comments: