Monday, November 19, 2007

Where did the days go

It has been so long since my last post and in my mind I have posted several different topics. I am so tired and not sure of where all my time has gone. The week before last my mom had an abscess tooth and it was aching. Her Dentist put her on antibiotics and pain meds, However it kept getting progressively worse. So by last Tuesday and Day 6 with tooth ache she went to her dentist and he tried pulling it. OUCH! She was in so much pain that he quit and didn't pull it. However doing this unbeknown to him he released the infection into her body. So in a course of 12 hours was so sick and in so much pain she went to the ER. By the time Malcolm and I got to the ER she didn't even look like herself. There they gave her IV antibiotics and pain relief as well as fluids because she was dehydrated as well, she hadn't really eaten or drank anything substantial for 6 days either. When we were able to bring her home, the pain medicine was so great that I was able to get her to eat some nutritious foods. Also, every time she turned around I put an ensure in her hand and hopefully this helped to bring up some of her strength. Wednesday night we were able to bring her home with us because we couldn't get her in to see a surgeon by her so I was able to get her in to the dentist who took out my wisdom teeth last year. Her pre -op appt. was Thursday and surgery was Friday. She was a little sore over the weekend which is to be expected but no pain. Over the weekend we had our scrap booking getaway in which she spent the time resting and I scrapped! I always have so much fun when I go away! I do it twice a year, so email me if you are interested in joining us in the spring. So I came home to a messy house, which sometimes I question is it really worth it....ummm...YES! Because chances are I would have cleaned up the same messes just not all in one day. Any who, look for a post tomorrow on adoption because I have stuff in my head. It is just every time I close my eyes to think I end up dosing off. Good Night

0 comments: