Thursday, November 8, 2007

My New Friends

First before I go into writing, I just have to say I love boy scouts! On Thursday nights, Malcolm takes MG to scouts from 7-8:30 and of course Katy too because after all she is a self proclaimed girl-boy scout. It is about the only time I get a peaceful house. I just do what I want, and never chores I will wait to do dinner dishes until they return because I refuse to waste an hour and half of quiet time washing dishes. So I love Scouts:)

So tonight at dinner I am talking with Malcolm, and with excitement I start telling that Rena and Nate, who are in Columbia right now adopting Alex, Sebastian, Luisa and Erika, are finished and get to come home on Sat. I go into telling him how excited I am and hope the transition goes well for them and the kids do well on the plane ride, etc. Then I tell him about Sherri and they have all their tickets to go to Columbia on Nov. 17th, and her husband Joel was able to take off work until after the first of the year with all the sick time he has accumulated and with the family leave act his company endorses. They are adopting a little boy who is 18 months and they have named him Isaac. They also have another son, Caleb who is a birth son. So, I look over at Malcolm and he has this look on his face and ask me who are these people. I say very casually they are the adoption blogs I am following. He says so you don't know them, well not exactly. I feel like over the course of the last month I gotten to know them quite well through their blogs. Then he says it is not like they are friends, UGH-GASP! They feel like my new friends, I think about them and hope things are going smoothly for them through this process, I have prayed for them so by my definitions they are my new friends. So then, I ask him if he wants to hear about the Armstrongs new home renovations as they await the news from Columbia on when to travel, and tell him too bad they don't live closer cause they could use his help. He thinks I am crazy! I told him at least I am not like Katy and have imaginary friends and grandmas. I will admit I love reading the adoption blogs right now, their is about 4 I am following and it is crazy because I find myself going through the emotions with them. I am grateful they write about their experiences because it is like a peek into what lays ahead for us.

On another note, Katy Rose, Katy Rose, Katy Rose, that child of mine I don't know where she gets it. Today she decided that she was Mulan, and wore her Mulan dress all day(she has basically lived in it since 3 weeks before Halloween). Today she put a new twist on it. As she put it, she was Mulan, the whooping princess and preceded to spend the day beating up on everyone. At one point she was hanging from the wall quilt I have up and it fell and actually came out of the wall. She went backwards over the chair trying to get to her brother for showing the Whooping Princess disrespect. There was once today that she was being ornery and I just looked at her and she said, "I know! to the no no step!" and put herself in time out. I guess somethings are just worth it.

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Funny how that happens. I get it.

BTW, I'm visiting my blogging buddy Stephanie next weekend - driving nearly 3 hours to meet her new daughter. There's another woman & her hubster who are traveling next week to China to get their daughter. When she gets home & settled we've agreed to meet up - she's about 30 minutes from me.

You never know - you may be meeting some of these folks someday.