Monday, July 14, 2008

MG turns 10

I can hardly believe he has turned 10! It was actually a sad occasion for me, in the midst of the birthday celebration I realized that we were over halfway to 18! Where has the time gone, it feels like yesterday he was a baby. Knowing how fast these 10 years have gone by, the realization the the next 10 will go equally as fast sadden me. I tell him all the time he can live with me forever! Although he finds comfort in that now, I am sure there is going to be a day when he is ready to break free from his mom. I don't think I will ever be ready for that day. I enjoy him, he is such a pleasure to be around. And he still likes and wants my hugs and kisses!

These are a few things that are important and his favorite at 10:

  • Legos
  • Playmobil
  • Webkinz
  • Payday, on Thursdays if he does his chores
  • History Channel
  • Rita's water ice
  • Scouts

These are the things he sees in his future at 10:

  • Having a wife, there are a few girls he has picked out now, and I will say he chooses well, lets see who is still around.....
  • He wants to drive a Mustang GT, the kind that looks like the one in the 60s
  • He wants to serve a mission for our church and hopes they send him to China
  • He wants to be a neurosurgeon.

I have always felt blessed to be his Mom, he is an extraordinary kid!

1 comments:

The Homely Animal said...

I can't believe that he is so old already. Time goes so quickly doesn't it. He really is such a sweet and loving boy.